I was looking around my jaw hanging open

How can there be so many mountains? I'm sitting in the bus and thinking: Iceland is a wonderful country. Looking to the left, I see flat land sometimes so rugged that you couldn't imagine even a mouse walking there, and sometimes seas of grass as soft as silk.
Looking to the right I see mountains. Snowy mountains, mountains black as coal, brown mountains. Sharp, rugged mountains and smooth mountains.
How can there be so many colors and shapes? The ground where almost nothing grows and still it can be every shade of brown you can imagine.
The landscape is changing all the time and so is the weather during the two hour trip. From cloydy to rainy to sunny to misty. I cannot close my eyes for even a second, I am entranced.



I left from Helsinki airport and arrived to Keflavik, where I took Grey Line's bus to Akureyri. From Akureyri I got a ride from my host  to the Saltvik farm. There I will start my two month internship with 150 horses.

views from the plane
We arrive to the farm and the time is 1.00pm. I am led to my room and meet the two other residents and workers, whose names I don't really catch propably because of the late time or just weird icelandic names.

Kommentit

Tämän blogin suosituimmat tekstit

Tours, no tours

Tungu.. what?

Icelandic Swimming hall without the 'swimming'