Tungu.. what?

Exploring...


The horses standing butts towards the wind.
7.5

I wake up to a white morning. I start with plowing the snow infront of the stable door. When I get inside and feed the horses I go and shake the snow off the electrick fences since the it has pressed them on the ground. Luckily the horses didn't decide to go wandering off.
When the raining stops so I take my wiperless car to Husavik. The season hasn't started yet so none of the museums have opened yet. I head to the little shops where they sell the classical icelandic woolen sweaters, and other woolen clothes plus some interesting looking bone artifacts and bird leg key fobs.
I try on some of the sweaters. The vendor is friendly but doesn't speak very well english. I decide to buy a sweater for myself and some woolen mittens and key fobs for homecoming gifts. 
The selfs loitering with woolen sweaters 
key fobs made from bird feet
Lamb horns
I drive back to make Lalli, Freya and Visa ready for the 5pm ride. Half an hour later I have to put them pack again since the tourists don't show up again. 
I clean the stable and feed the horses, but notice a horse with a cut on his leg. I try to look closer but the horse is very shy. So I start the training! I fetch some horsecandy and take the horse to the washing pen. There I pet and feed, pet and feed, open the shower, feed, shower a little and feed etc. The horse seems a bit confused, I guess he wasn't expecting so much positive feedback. I wash the mud from the leg so I see the cut which is luckily very small one. I put some aloevera on it. The trainig went well in my opinion.

Husavik's Lighthouse
In the evening I take the car again and go for a ride. First I head to the Husavik lighthouse, a cheerful yellow small building. The sea smells so salty, totally different than in Finland where the sea is brackish water.

I continue my way north to the Tungulending Harbour, which is only 15minutes drive away from the center of Husavik. This is a rare place since you can find fossils and seal bones. This time I spot only beautiful driftwood, curious looking seaweed, wonderfully round and holey stones and a big seashell. It's a lovely place and I could stay for ever just listening the waves and smelling the sea. The sun comes comes out behind the clouds.


View from Tungulending 





Kommentit

Tämän blogin suosituimmat tekstit

Tours, no tours

Icelandic Swimming hall without the 'swimming'