Jalopy
I wake up early, eager to get to work. After feeding the horses I start to clean and organize the saddleroom. Taking a brake I sit on a sofa and the stablecats both jump on my lap.
4.5.
At ten ó clock we take Visa and Freya inside with Bjarni and make them ready for a experienced danish tourist. Visa has such a bushy fringe that the bridle almost won't go over the ears. Both of the horses have had fun outside and are very muddy. Luckily it comes off easily and they are also molting and the floor is soon covered with soft fur.
The client arrives and I introduce her to Freya. We saddle the horses together and go.
I follow the track carefully. We arrive to the beach, where the hoovetracks have been washed away by the waves. I have a moment of panic but luckily the beach is the easiest part of the track to remember. The sea is rumbling and the wind murmuring in our ears and we ride in silence. Soon we reach the stream crossing which is a bit steeper than before. The water is always making new shapes out of the sand. The horses go over fine after a bit of encouraging.
The horses want to speed up in the uphill and I let them. It's easier for them, carrying us, to go fast. On the hill we stop and I thighten the belts. We take in the scenery for a while and continue with tolt. Freya drops to a trot, so I give the tourist some tips and then we go again, Freya tolting prettily.
After work I get to borrow a car with broken frontmirror and glass wipers. Better than bicycling though! I hope it's not going to rain. I drive to the swimming hall to get my forgotten property and to the market for food.
At the farm I meet Idynn and we drive to the beach to check and watch the horses for a while. One of the horses have a iro wire tangled in its hair. It's a shy horse so we spend a lot of time and effort getting the wire off, but at last the horse lets Idynn near enough to untangle it.
At ten ó clock we take Visa and Freya inside with Bjarni and make them ready for a experienced danish tourist. Visa has such a bushy fringe that the bridle almost won't go over the ears. Both of the horses have had fun outside and are very muddy. Luckily it comes off easily and they are also molting and the floor is soon covered with soft fur.
![]() |
| Freya |
The client arrives and I introduce her to Freya. We saddle the horses together and go.
I follow the track carefully. We arrive to the beach, where the hoovetracks have been washed away by the waves. I have a moment of panic but luckily the beach is the easiest part of the track to remember. The sea is rumbling and the wind murmuring in our ears and we ride in silence. Soon we reach the stream crossing which is a bit steeper than before. The water is always making new shapes out of the sand. The horses go over fine after a bit of encouraging.
| The sea |
| Seaside tour stream crossing |
The horses want to speed up in the uphill and I let them. It's easier for them, carrying us, to go fast. On the hill we stop and I thighten the belts. We take in the scenery for a while and continue with tolt. Freya drops to a trot, so I give the tourist some tips and then we go again, Freya tolting prettily.
After work I get to borrow a car with broken frontmirror and glass wipers. Better than bicycling though! I hope it's not going to rain. I drive to the swimming hall to get my forgotten property and to the market for food.
At the farm I meet Idynn and we drive to the beach to check and watch the horses for a while. One of the horses have a iro wire tangled in its hair. It's a shy horse so we spend a lot of time and effort getting the wire off, but at last the horse lets Idynn near enough to untangle it.
![]() |
| Part of the big herd |
| Husavik's market |


Kommentit
Lähetä kommentti