Tours, no tours


There is a screaming Thrush outside my window, keeping me awake through the small hours.

I get two swiss tourists brave enough for the rageing sleetstorm. Idynn comes with us and I get to try a young horse named Ás. He is very sensitive to all my movements but is very obedient and tries his best all the time. 
Ás

We make it back to the stable and Idynn takes the tourists to the inn to show them their rooms since they are going to stay for the night. I stay behind and make it ready for the next sixs person group that's coming at two. 


It's very windy and the horses are in a wild mood s it takes a bit of time to catch them.
While brushing and saddling up I try to learn their names. Many names have meanings and it's easier to learn them when you know it. Ás means the first. Visa is a poem. Freya is the goddess of love in viking mythology. Long way to go when there is 150 horses.

It's almost half past two and the tourists have not shown up yet. Idynn is annoyed, sometimes the tourists forget or don't care to inform of cancellation. We put the horses back to the paddock and start cleaning the stable.
Fyni

In the evening I put the horses from the paddock back inside. Fyni has a cut over his eye so I get Idynn. She puts aloe vera gel on it. The vet has already seen Fyni so everything should be ok. 
After feeding the horses and swiping the floors I head to supper. I meet the other swiss and we talk a little of our internship experiences, mine here in Iceland and hers in France. 
Retiring for the night, I hope the Thrush is not behind my window tonight.

Kommentit

Tämän blogin suosituimmat tekstit

Tungu.. what?

Icelandic Swimming hall without the 'swimming'